Just one of the many member performers who entertained us.
“Music from Around the World” – Members’ Recital
Saturday, February 15, 2014, 3:00 PM
“As cultures develop, so do the melodies and rhythms that define them.”
Those attending truly enjoyed an exciting afternoon of modern and traditional styles of music performed by our own versatile members playing a wide variety of instruments.
Those unable to attend can watch sample videos of the performers. We invite all to consider supporting our Scholarship Program with a donation.
- Dance of the Arrogant Cowboy from Danzas Argentinas – Alberto Ginastera (1916-1983)
- Medley of Roger and Hart songs – Richard Rodgers (1902-1979) and Lorenz Hart (1895-1943)
Prelude in B minor, Op. 32, No. 10 – Sergei Rachmaninoff (1873-1943)
Piano Trio in C Major, Hob. XV:27, I. Allegro – Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
Rhapsody, Op 79, No. 2 in G minor – Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
- Novelette in E minor No. 3 – Francis Poulenc (1899-1963)
- Caro nome (Dearest name) from Rigoletto – Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901)
Morceau de Concours – Gabriel Faure (1845-1924)
- Waltz from Coppelia – Leo Delibes (1836-1891)
- Song- Waltz – Romance – Tonin Harapi (1925-1991)
- Recitative: Hai gia vinta la causa (You already won the case) – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- Aria: Vedro mentr ‘io sospiro (I will see while I sigh) from Le Nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro)
- Balada (Ballad) from Piano and Youth – Klement Slavicky (1910-1999)
- Silent Strings Song No. 2 in F, words by Helen Taylor – Granville Bantock (1868-1946)
- Saper Vorreste di che Si Veste (You want to know what he is wearing) from Un Ballo in Maschera (A Masked Ball) – Guiseppe Verdi
- Polonaise in C-sharp minor, Op. 26, No. 1 – Frederic Chopin (1810-1849)