Five, ninety minute evening classes are conducted by a professional musician with a small group of students (3-6) per instrument. Classes are provided in a public school in several locations. Fifty-eight students are enrolled this year. LEARN MORE
The Piano Keyboard Program is integrated in the after-school program at Avalon, Parkside, Golden Terrace Elemenary Schools and Bonita Springs Middle School. Three were 46 student in 2013-14. Keyboards, stands, benches and music are purchased for each of the schools.The program was enabled by a generous gift in memory of Laura Fernando. LEARN MORE
The Haegg Award was created in 2009 with a gift of $50,000 in memory of Margaret Haegg by the Haegg family. It provides the winner with private music lessons for a period of one year, renewable for an additional two years.
There are eight student in the program. We normally add three new students a year. LEARN MORE
Club supported collaboratively:
The program was introduced in the Guadalupe Center in 2008 where 90 students are now enrolled; Avalon Elementary and Golden Terrace Elementary in 2012 where there are now 28 and 30 students, respectively; and Parkside Elementary established the program this year with 54 students. A grant from the Naples Children and Education Foundation was awarded that will fund the expansion to three additional schools in 2014-2015. LEARN MORE
“The outreach programs such as the Guadalupe Center Pre-K Violin, Pinecrest Mariachi, and the Master classes serve as a terrific real world laboratory for Bower School of Music students as they transition classroom theory into teaching practice.”
Rod Chesnutt, Ph.D.
Head of Instrumental Studies
Bower School of Music
Florida Gulf Coast University
The Naples Music Club also:
- Serves in a strong support capacity for FGCU’s Bower School of Music.
- Organizes Student Recitals so that teachers who are Naples Music Club members can offer public performance opportunities to their students.
- Shares the talents of members who volunteer to mentor, coach, teach, or accompany.
- Arranges for member musicians to educate and entertain for a variety of audiences.
- Provides educational seminars and master classes.
- Serves as a resource for those seeking to learn about the musical opportunities available in the community.